The Enistic Smart Energy Controller GPRS acts as a master interface between the Enistic Energy Manager reporting system and other Enistic products. Simply plug the controller into your internal network, i.e. into a data point, router or hub and this will act as a bridge between the Enistic system and the Enistic Energy Manager.
Enistic is a meshing system therefore all modules communicate with each other in order to maximise range and reliability. Only one controller is required for full coverage as long as modules are within 30m range of each other.
The controller sends information to Enistic Energy Manager via GPRS. As such, this controller can be mounted remotely, and doesn't require the use of the internet.This enables use in monitoring many installations using one central copy of the Energy Manager.
This GPRS model comes with a GPRS (2G) connection allowing transmission of data over the cellular radio network. The SECL8-GPRS needs a valid SIM to operate. The SIM must be able to allow communication to a local cellular network using GPRS otherwise referred to as “2G”. If the network in your area is 3G, it is likely to also allow communication using 2G.
Application & FeaturesThis controller for the Enistic system acts as the primary interface that communicates with all of the other Enistic products.
- Acts as the interface between Enistic products and Enistic software
- Uses GPRS to feed back to cloud system rather than through the Internet
- Can handle up to 50 concurrent connections from smart sockets, smart meters, switches, etc
- Ultra-long range (mesh networking gives full coverage of an office or home with just one controller)
- Plug-and-play interface to the Enistic Energy Manager Desktop and Energy Manager Online systems