A real-time smart meter and remote switchable unit built into a small case to allow mounting in walls, ceilings or other permanently-wired solution.The Smart Switch (Back Box) is an Appliance Level Smart Meter and Control System that is designed to be wired in line into an existing appliance. To fit it, wire the wires of the unit to the equipment you wish to control. The white wires can be connected to a mains switch for local control, such as a light switch. It is designed to be used as part of an Enistic system and is ideally suited for use within an office environment, where it can be used to send information to the Enistic Energy Manager about energy consumption, allowing flexible and versatile tracking.
- Real-time power measurement and remote control facilities.
- White wires can be linked to a light switch (or similar) for local over-ride control.
- Ideal for use in home automation projects.
- Wireless operation with superb range.
- Simple to install, wire in and go.
- Provides a feedback every 10 seconds of the power being used, accurate to the nearest 0.1W.
- Includes a remotely controllable switch to turn the sockets on and off.
Application & Features
The Smart Switch (DIN mount) is a DIN mountable Appliance Level Smart Meter and Control System that is designed to be wired inline into an existing appli
ance. Wire live, neutral and earth into the module and connect the live, neutral and earth connections to the device you want to manage.
- Reports power consumption to the nearest 0.1W every 1 second (or slower if needed) to Energy Manager
- Local control - simply press the red button to switch the unit on and off
- Controllable (on and off) from the Energy Manager to automatically shut your devices down remotely
- 13A maximum with surge protection
- Encrypted communications for secure operation
- Mesh networking for excellent range
- Unique serial number embedded in each product for identification on network
- 13A switching with relay operation
- Locally switchable - press the "Program" button to switch on and off
- Surge Protected
- 110 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- Standby power < 1W (typically 800mW)
- Connections: On one end of the PCB inside this unit: Live in, Neutral in, Earth in. On the other end: Switched live out, Neutral out, Earth out
- The holes in the plastic end cases should be drilled to the correct diameter. The end pieces are soft plastic and will allow simple modification.
- Cable stress relief connectors are fitted inside the unit. These need to be placed around the incoming and outgoing cables and tightened.
- This product should be fitted by a qualified electrician.
- Designed and Manufactured in the UK
- UK, European and Worldwide Patents Pending
- Size: 90 x 25 x 50 mm - 4 DIN
- Weight: 220g
- Zigbee communication with security code set for Enistic system integration only
- Maximum number of products per installation: 2 billion
- Mesh enabled with mesh repeating
- Encryption: 128 AES secure encrypted communications
- Auto discovery enabled
- 2.4 GHz operation. Does not interfere with WiFi networks
- Zigbee closed network operation enabled
- BS5733 (plug)
- CE certified
- LVD certified
- WEE compliant